The Silver Surfer® Herbal Vaporizer is like no other vaporizer on the market
The Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer is the only vaporizer to use an all ceramic heating element.
- Air is inhaled through a small hole in the glass heater cover demonstrated by arrow 1.
- The ceramic element heats the air to vaporizing temperature at the location of arrow 2.
- Heated air passes through the SSV's glass heater cover and into the glass wand shown by arrow 3.
The air that is inhaled is hot enough to vaporize your favorite smoking tobacco. It is possible to control how hot the air is by inhaling faster or slower. The slower you inhale the more time the air spends in the glass heater cover, therefore the air gets hotter. If inhaling slowly does not get the air hot enough to vaporize your herbal material turn the SSV up a little higher.
The location of ceramic element is an extremely important feature of the SSV. Other wand style herbal vaporizers on the market allow the heated air to pass by all the electrical wires and connections inside the unit. The Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer is also the only vaporizer to eliminate all hot metal and electronics from the path of the air to offer the cleanest vaporization possible. For example; the air that passes through the SSV is cleaner than the air that passes though the Volcano vaporizer. This is because the Volcano allows the air to pass through the unit itself as well as past all the circuitry. In the Volcano the heated air makes contact with the screen first before vaporizing any herbal material. With the SSV the heated air vaporizes the tobacco first and by the time the vapor reaches screen the air is not hot enough to create any metal fumes. 7th Floor also uses a stainless steal screen in the Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer. We invite everyone to check out the competition and see for yourself how great the Silver Surfer Vaporizer is.
How to Vaporize
- Turn on the SSV. There are a couple ways to go about this. First, you can turn glass marble adjustment knob to full power for about 2-3 minutes. Then turn the glass marble knob back down to about 1/3 power. The second way to turn the unit on is to simply turn the knob to your favorite position (you will find this position after some use), and wait 3-5 minutes for the unit to reach temperature. Most herbs for aromatherapy and homeopathic healing only require the SSV to be turned to approximately 2/3 power.
- While the SSV is heating up grind or chop up your herbs (preferably with a SSV herb grinder). Put a small amount of the ground herbs into the wand, about 1/4" full. Being aware not to pack down the herbs in the wand. Remember: when vaporizing less is more. To put the ground herbs into the wand you can use your fingers, or vacuum it up off of a table or dish by inhaling through the opposite end of the whip. Again only filling the wand about 1/4" full and not packing down the herbs in the wand.
- Place the wand up to the heater cover. There will be a nice fit when the two pieces of glass come together. With the wand in place, begin to inhale. This will draw air past the ceramic element and warm it to vaporizing temperature. The air then passes through the herbal material, warming it until vaporization occurs. It is recommended to stir your herbal material between vapor draws to increase the efficiency of the vaporization. The vapor may form thin white cloud. To empty the wand turn it upside down and empty into the trash. You can also blow through the mouth piece to get the herbal material out easier.
How to Change the screen on the Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer
The screen is very simple to change but does take a little practice. The short video below will demonstrate the best method for changing the screen in your quick change wand. After viewing the video you will see how easy it is to change the screen.
How to use the SSV® Oil Diffuser
The SSV Oil Diffuser is very easy to use with your Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer. Place the glass SSV Oil Diffuser on top of the SSV, with the scent of your choice, so that the dish is level. When using the SSV Oil Diffuser turn the unit down to about 1/4 power, as the SSV Oil Diffuser will hold in the heat. If you wish to vaporize simply turn the Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer up to your specific setting and wait about 30-60 seconds before vaporizing. When you have finished vaporizing turn the SSV back down 1/4 power to diffuse the oils. Warning: Placing a hot dish on a cool surface or adding cool oils to a hot dish will cause the SSV Oil Diffuser to crack.